I have fallen in love with squash soup. I really don't like squash, but it was made for a mops group and I always wanted to try it. It was so good!! And it is the perfect time of the year for it. Here is the recipe that I used.
BUTTER NUT SQUASH SOUP
1 Tablespoon shallot, minced (I only had a white onion and it worked)
1 Clove garlic, pressed or minced (I pressed mine)
3 Cups butternut squash, Peeled and seeded (the longest part)
1/2 Cup chicken broth
Combine sallots and garlic with a little butter in a pan and saute until translucent. Add squash and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then simmer for about 20 min. Pour everything in a blender or food processor and puree. Pour back into the pot to heat through. I added more broth so it wasn't as thick. (I like it thinner.) I also added some ginger to taste. So yummy!

No comments: